This themed issue will focus on innovative developments in library contributions to the educational mission of their parent institution. Proposed submissions could be reports of empirical investigations of service innovations, state-of-the-art surveys or reviews of emergent practices, or single or multi-site case studies of strategic initiatives. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative contributions to student learning, undergraduate research, faculty teaching, or curriculum development;
- Innovative approaches to co-creation and incorporation of the student voice;
- Innovative services and support for first-year students, international students, remote learners, or under-represented groups.
- Innovative contributions to student enrollment, student experience, student progression and retention, and student success;
- Innovative collaborations and partnerships with other units, such as careers services, student services, teaching centres, or writing centres;
- Innovative approaches to measurement and assessment of library impact on student and institutional performance, including participation in learning analytics initiatives.
How to submit your abstract
The deadline for abstract submission is 1st July 2018.
Abstracts should be around 500 words (excluding references) and cover the background and purpose of the innovation or initiative described, the approach used to investigate the subject (e.g., survey, case-study report), a brief description of the innovation, and the key findings and insights gained, highlighting learning points for academic libraries.
Abstracts will be evaluated by members of the Editorial Board against the following criteria:
- Connection and relevance to the issue theme
- Originality and significance of the innovation described
- Explanation of the rationale for the innovation
- Potential impact on professional thinking and practice
- Clarity and coherence of the written submission.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be expected to submit full papers by 3rd December 2018.
Visit the journal website for full Instructions for Authors.